Step 2 of 3 - Chose a Hard MountRadio
There are many different types of radios available that will "work" with the frequencies that CDJW has gotten permission to use. To help keep variables and confusion to a minimum we have done some research to provide our members with some recommended options. The radios will need to be programmed as well. CDJW is working on some options to help members complete the necessary programming (how to videos, instructions, radio programming events, etc).
Hard Mount Options:
CDJW is looking into more hard mount options. Check back soon.
STEP 3 : Programming Your Radio
Programming your radio is easy, but will require you have the radio hooked up in the Jeep, to a battery or DC power supply. If you have a laptop, that makes it much easier. Setup the radio in your jeep connected to power and coax, and then follow these instructions on your WINDOWS based computer to add the CDJW frequencies to your radio :
1. Download CHIRP (The programming software) here : Chirp_daily/LATEST (danplanet.com)
(Select the "Recommended" file, its also labeled installer)
2. Once you've downloaded the file, double click it to run and install it.
3. Download the CDJW code plug here : CLICK HERE
(This is a ZIP file, you will have to 2x click it to decompress it. This contains all the CDJW frequencies)
5. Connect programming cable to computer (Programming cable on Amazon)
6. Power on Radio
7. Connect programming cable to radio
8. Open Chirp, Click file, click OPEN, and select the file you downloaded in step 3
(Make sure you decompressed the ZIP file by 2x clicking it)
9. Click RADIO, "Upload to radio". At this point you will have to select a COM PORT. (This is sort of a hit or miss process, selecting the wrong port wont hurt anything, it will just give you an error and you can repeat this step selecting a different port). Then click OK.